Emap.FM - Internet Radio for World Wide Ethno Music and Reports
Music of Oceania - presented by Filip 'Filami' Lamasisi
Traditional Church Music of the Cook Island IMENE TAPU - The Polyphonic Islands (Jan, 18th 2003)
1. tr.1 "Kia 'Aruru Te 'Enua Katoa" (Let the lands rejoice in thunderous exclamation), performed by the Tutakimoa Village Choir, recorded on October 11,1992
2. tr.2 "I Muatangana" (In the beginning...), performed by the Cook Islands Christian Church (CICC) of Matavera, recorded onSeptember 20,1992
3. tr.7 "Taku Kura" (My request), performed by the Islanders of Tangareva, recorded on October 3,1992
4. tr.3 "Kua 'Omai 'ia Oku Rima" (Mine Hands have been given), performed by CICC of Arorangi, recorded on September 27,1992
5. tr.4 "Te Na Ko Mai Ra Te Atu" (And the Lord says...), performed by the Inano Cultural Arts Theatre, recorded on September 29, 1992
6. tr.5 "E Mea 'Akaro ŕ" (What a sad occasion), performed by the Inano Cultural Arts Theatre, recorded on September 30, 1992
7. tr.6 "Kia Kore 'A Iehova" (If the Lord does not participate), Performed by CICC of Matavera, recorded on October 4,1992
8. tr.8 "Te Toto O Iesu" (The blood of Jesus), performed by CICC of Matavera, recorded on October 4,1992
9. tr.9 "Aro ŕ Mou" (The Love of the King), performed by CICC of Ngatangi`ia, recorded on October 11,1992
10. tr.10 "Kua Tamou 'ia E Iehova E" (The Lord has firmly established), performed by CICC of Ngatangi`ia, recorded on October 11,1992
11. tr.12 "Te Tere O Paulo" (St. Paul's Trip), performed by the Tutakimoa Village Choir, recorded on October 11,1992
12. tr.13 "Te No`o Nei Au" (I dwell in the land of suffering), performed by the Cook Islands National Arts Theatre (CINAT), recorded on October 12,1992
13. tr.14 "Nga Taeke" (Companions of the living symbol), performed by the CICC of `Arorangi, recorded on September 27,1992
14. tr.20 "Te Atu Mou E" (National Anthem), performed by the Catholic Church Choir of Avarua, recorded on September 20,1992
Source of Music:
CD: Album; "IMENE TAPU and other Choral Music of the Cook Islands", Anthology of Pacific Music #3 series,
Pan Records, Pan 7009CD, 1999 Paradox and Mundo Etnico.
Source of background Infos:
1. Liner Notes to respective CD. Album
2. Bibliography sited: William Malm; Music of the Pacific, the Near East and Asia; Prentice Hall 1996
3. General Infos. on Cook Islands retrieved from Internet (re.Link)
The program series, "The Music of Oceania", Emap.FM Internet Radio´s formerly weekly program, is broadcasted now occasionaly.
With music from Oceania, the programs hosted and presented by Filip `Filami´ Lamasisi, sets its goal at bringing the necessary awareness to the rest of the world of the diverse music cultures and the multitude of music types, from traditional to contemporaries of the region.
Broadcasting times are Saturdays at 16:00 UTC, with replay on Monday at 00:00 UTC and Wednesdays at 08:00 UTC.